Saturday, February 12, 2005

Its Saturday Night

They have this thing here, that I guess has been happening for years, they call it sideshows. Or at least thats what the newpapers call it. From what I read its like some sort of spontaneous street party / car show. Strictly illegal of course.

The actual manifestation, at least where I live, is just people doing "donuts" and pealing out in circles in the bigger intersections. They drive souped up mustangs and big muscle cars and burn shit up for a few minutes circling at a stop light, and then take off before the Man arrives. Not like they have to hurry. Police take a long time to arrive around here.

Since I have a new room, with a window and a view of the street I can actually hear whats going on outside and now I get a chance to hear all the sounds I never knew were out there. Latest new one is this sideshow action. Lots of tires squealing tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you need a homeless sized bottle o' cheap whiskey to help you through saturday night.
I'll get you back.