Thursday, February 23, 2006

Biking + Mosquito Reduction = My dream job

Hi!

I just came across your job posting on Craigslist. I know its been a month now since you posted, but I can't resist trying to make contact in the hopes that you are still hiring.

I have been living and working in San Francisco for the last year now and my chief form of transport, both for commuting and for recreation has been my bicycle. Its constituted one of the major pleasures in my time here. I ride an average of 10 miles per day for my commute and maybe 60 - 70 miles per week, if I include recreational biking as well. I love riding my bike, and would love to be paid to do it.

As far as mosquito reduction goes, its not exactly true that it would constitute my dream job. However it is true that I dislike mosquitoes (who doesn't), but whats even more relevant is that two years ago one of those nasty buggers gave me malaria. So I do see some poetic justice to working a job that involves killing "baby" mosquitos. It seems only fitting.

I've also included a copy of my resume into the body of this email for your review.


Thanks for your time,


Biker extraordinaire and fully recovered malaria survivor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you get the job?

moon dog said...

no, i think they had already hired the folks. my response was about a month late...

i did come across this person, who did get hired.

http://circlingabove.livejournal.com/

Anonymous said...

just wanted to note that I am in austin right now and my cell phone is awol, so if you want to get in touch with me just email cleahy at rice, nah?