Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I was home recently, and looking through old pictures and yearbooks and whatnot. Here is one from the early 90s must be. Probably not too long after the Gulf War started. I would guess that I'm 10 or 11 in this shot.

I'm glad to have a copy of it down here in SF, and I've been frantically showing it to any friends who'll hold still for a second. Lately I've been feeling cut off from the history of my life growing up. Not that I personally am seperated from that history, but that the person that people here in SF have come to know doesnt include and understanding of the hair, the glasses. tshirts from "no war" to "equal pay for equal work" to "tu que has hecho para defender los ideales por los cuales nosotros hemos dado la vida."

all of which is me. as is all that I present and live in my life down here in SF. I'm just hoping to merge them a little more. starting perhaps with showing this picture to people obsessively. not that this picture really contains all that sentiment and history. but its a start....

4 comments:

DM said...

Is that photoshopped? I thought you were a yuppy.

Anonymous said...

he made it on a text scanner. still jd.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. Hell yeah I remembered.


-t.f.n.

Anonymous said...

your webcam at work is not working. not cool.